Literacy Narrative (Reflection)

I had a lot of fun writing my literacy narrative because I am really passionate about reading and writing. Writing about the books and writings that I enjoy was a good experience. Going in to this assignment I through it was going to be very difficult. When we were asked to use evidence I was confused. I didn’t know what kind of evidence to use to support an experience. I think I was successful in examining my literacy experiences. I made sure to explain the experience and how it affected me. 

The literacy narrative assignment was much more difficult than the introductory letter. I think this was because in the Introductory letter I was just introducing myself and I’ve introduced myself many times.in the literacy narrative I had to speak about certain experiences and how I was affected by them. I spent more time on this assignment because there were many things that I felt weren’t right. For example I had through of many different experiences but they didn’t affect me as much as the final experiences I chose to write about. I think the introductory letter wasn’t as hard as this assignment because in the letter it was easier to transition to a different topic. For this assignment it was harder to find a connection between the experiences so that I could transition. However the introductory letter made this assignment easier. I used the introductory letter to figure out what experiences to write about it.

I started the assignment by listing some of my favorite books and writings. I also listed some school assignments that I felt were impactful. After that I arranged them from most impactful to least. I had decided to only choose three experiences so that I wouldn’t pass the page limit. I chose my top three experiences and started to write. I don’t think there is much of a difference in my writing. I think my writing style has stayed the same. However I did do a few things differently from the Introductory letter. Instead of transitioning using a connection between different topics I transitioned by what feeling the experiences gave me.

I had a peer review my paper just in case there was a mistake I had not noticed. I am not too good at grammar so I made sure to spell check my paper. My peer in class suggested that I reword a sentence and I found that very helpful. In the peer review Celibel talked about how much she enjoyed my paper and that made me very proud. I had been thinking about going to the writing center for all my papers. In my last college class the writing center really helped me a lot. I had planned on going but I couldn’t find the time to go. From re-reading my paper I learned that I make a lot of grammar mistakes.

Overall I think I did a good job with my literacy narrative. I think there are still some things that I need to work on. For example my paragraph transitioning could be stronger. I also think that I need to work on run on sentences. I really enjoyed the assignment and hope to keep learning from my mistakes through my writing.